I runned fast to be better than I used to be. It is out there on the road where I find myself arguing with my thoughts. Where is the finish line?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Just Don't Be Last

I did not fall off the turnip truck into a large bag of dicks, if that is what you are thinking. But wouldn't that be nice? It would even be nicer if it was a bag of large dicks. But that's not my life.

I have been running. I have been lifting weights. Life is just a cycle of crazy and so my posting has been limited, small, even minute. (That's MY-NOOT, not the time kind of word)  Shame on me.

Again, I have cut out sugars. Why again?

Because I keep repeating the madness. It's Cadbury Creme Egg season. Damn you, Easter Bunny!

The only sugar in my system now is an occasional honey. Honey from the bees, not the knees. I have discovered that the thyme honey I brought back from Greece is excellent as a light glaze on a piece of lean ham steak. Divine.

Acne has prevailed as a running accessory. It sucks to be me.

And that pretty much sums up my madness today.

You too can look like this with good genetics. 


Advice of the day:

Keep moving. Get up off the couch. Replace the processed food with clean. You will feel better. It takes about 2-4 weeks to get your stride. Sign up for a walk or running race. Do it. Don't be afraid. No one cares if you don't win, just don't be last.

If you are needing a new challenge...why not try a trail race, a Mudder or Spartan event, or a Triathalon? Kick some ass. Push yourself.

Oh, and dress nice and match in public. When you are in private, no one cares. Get your exercise gear to reflect you. If you like what you work out in, it will boost your attitude toward the activity you are involved in and makes all the difference.

And lastly, don't go for the Honey Boo Boo look.

Kay?

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment